Friday, August 10, 2012

Organix Brand Moroccan Argan Oil and Brazilian Keratin Therapy

Let me just say, Organix products definitely deserve a blog post! I have been looking at the Organix Beauty Pure and Simple shampoos and conditioners for some time, but have been hesitant to buy considering the price. A normal sized bottle is around $7-10 at retailers in my area for a smaller bottle of product. However, when I saw sample sizes at Ulta for $2.99 each I decided I'd give them a try.

I decided to buy the Brazilian Keratin Therapy in the shampoo because I have Keratin therapy in the Suave brand for a conditioner, and I have heard great things about Moroccan Argan Oil, so I decided to buy that in the conditioner. The two bottles I purchased are pictured to the side.

I'll begin with my least favorite of the two (even though they're both fabulous); the Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo. The shampoo is in a tan bottle that boasts,

"An exclusive blend of antioxidant rich coconut oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses, adding a brilliant glow and luminescent shine" (organix).

I have wavy, frizzy hair that is a long length, and for the most part I either straighten my hair or let it air dry and use a Suave anti-frizz cream. I wanted to see if the shampoo would make any difference by itself, so I let my hair air dry without using any other product. I was happy to find that my hair was noticeably smoother, but definitely not any straighter. I would never rely on a shampoo to help straighten my hair, but I knew this going in, so I was not disappointed.

The smell of the shampoo was amazing, but not overbearing. The smell is probably my favorite part of the shampoo because I love the scent of coconut! I'd have to say that what I did not like about the shampoo is that it did not lather like a typical shampoo. I like feeling suds in my hair because it makes me feel like I'm actually cleaning my hair. This shampoo creates little to no suds, and I just felt weird lathering my hair.

So to summarize, I love the smell and effects of this shampoo, but my only negatives are that it does not produce suds and it is a little on the expensive side (for me at least, a poor college student). I rate this shampoo a 6 out of 10.

On to the Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner, which I absolutely LOVED! First off, it's a much more fruity scent than the keratin therapy, and even though I love the coconut smell of the keratin therapy, I much prefer the fruity/florally scent of the argan oil. The conditioner is a creamy peachy white and it's very thick (which is always a good sign for a conditioner). The bottle claims,

"A unique, precious blend of Moroccan argan oil which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness while strengthening and creating soft, seductive silk perfection" (Organix).

I JUST LOVE IT. The creamy conditioner glided onto my hair effortlessly, and I could feel the knots being removed from my hair instantly. Also, I liked that it washed out pretty quickly, but not so quickly like it felt like it was not working.

After I got out of the shower, brushing my long tangly hair was a breeze. Also, my hair smelled fabulous and instantly made me feel ten times happier! (scent is a great mood booster). MY HAIR IS SO SOFT. Even when damp I could feel my tresses were much softer than they had been using Pantene Pro-V conditioner and once dry, my hair felt like silk! (This is not usually the case due to frizz). I am completely in love with this product and will definitely be buying the normal size once I have tried and used my Suave Keratin conditioner. (Will make a post for that once I try it).

To summarize, the Moroccan Argan Oil conditioner was fantastic smelling, thick and creamy, and had great results! I would rate this product a 9.8 out of 10 only because of the price!



Comment below and tell me if you've tried these products and what you think!
I love to hear your opinions!


2 comments:

  1. Argan oil is an excellent product.. For this, we find a very high price in the market. Www.PuraDorOil.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You For Sharing Nice Information about of Brazilian Keratin Therapy. Really this is a famous product for hair care.

    Fashion and Beauty Store

    ReplyDelete