Monday, June 13, 2011

Enchanting Lady

My choices in music are not always considered cool or hip or original, but I don't care. I like what I like, and I don't care what other people think of my choices because music is a source for me to get lost. Whether I'm just driving in my car with the windows down or I'm listening to my iPod trying to fall asleep, music can make or break a mood. With that said, I'd like to discuss my favorite artist for years, Taylor Swift.

When looking at the iTunes top 100 there seems to be a common theme... A lot of artists are singing songs that were written by SOMEONE ELSE. I know that there are people with creative talent, and others with technical talent, but when you can find an artist that you can relate with that are both technically and creatively talented it's like "awwwww yeahhhhhh," and that's the reaction I have to Taylor Swift and her music.

I've been a fan from her first self-titled album. Like most people, I first heard of Taylor from hearing her song "Teardrops on my Guitar" on the radio, and from the first time I heard, I was hooked. I went onto iTunes to hear what her other music was like and I was very impressed. I had heard that Taylor Swift was 16 years old, and I expected that her music would be corny and pop crap. However, I found that her lyrics were refreshingly mature, but not fake. She writes about what she knows, and does not pretend that she is something else.

I quickly fell in love with "Our Song," and I have to admit that it's still one of my favorite songs. It's fun and original, and it's really something that I could picture coming from a 16 year old girl.



Not to mention, Taylor Swift is gorgeous in this video!

When Taylor came out with her Fearless album, I was itching for more. I could not wait to hear her as she grew, and experienced fame over a few years. I wondered if her fame would change her lyrics or sound, such has happened with many artists before. Happily, I found that her sound had changed but she still kept her style. Though Fearless was a great album, thus far it is my least favorite.

Speak Now, on the other hand, is my favorite album of any artist ever. (Sounds extreme, but it's actually true). There is not a single song on the album that I do not like, and I continually change my opinion on which song on the album is the best. I absolutely adore her newest single music video for "Mean."



I just can't get enough of Taylor Swift, and I'm very happy to say that I will be seeing her for the second time on June 25th at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. The only reason I would wish this summer to go by faster is so that we will be closer to another Taylor Swift album!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment